The brains behind the Collection are Dorothy Moraa Osoro and Janet Nyaboke Osoro. Every business has a remarkable story behind its success and therefore ours started off from an Idea in particular me; Dorothy, from a dream. The execution of the dream was realized when I had a pep talk with my sister as she had an aptitude sense of fashion like me. The recession and high unemployment rate that hit the world made it possible for us to use our talents in the clothing industry. We began this journey with only 15,000 and focused on dressing women, offering them exquisite bags and enticing our men to have a fashionable sense in their closet in essence creating a statement in casual wear. I have to be honest to all who are interested in running a business it’s all about passion, patience, hard work and determination, enough financial resources, support and best of all persistence DON’T GIVE UP. We couldn’t have been where we are today without the help of very close friends who pitched in additional resources for the running of our business because of the high demand at that particular time.
Analogous to the above, DoJan Clique Collection is an upcoming woman’s handbags, clothing and men’s accessories enterprise. Clique which means "the clique" or "circle of sisters" in Kenya, which defines the collection and its essence of inclusion. DoJan Clique Collection selections and exclusive personal style services, which include a detailed Style Assessment, will ensure that our customers are well equipped. DoJan Clique Collection is a woman-owned business currently organized as a Partnership. It’s a growing trade and we are determined to sustain ourselves by understanding our customers’ desires and provide full satisfaction. Actually it was adapt or quit trying and we are in it to bless people’s lives.
DoJan will in the future carry Ready-to-Wear (RTW) designer and casual/contemporary apparel & accessories for women and men, and will be the exclusive Kenyan home of the various collections from different countries including Thailand, Italy, China, Turkey and Dubai. In addition to the fabulous women collection, we will feature other choice selections by American and European designers for both women and men. DoJan will also provide services such as Style Assessments, alterations, personal shopping, and special ordering to customers during store hours and by personal appointment. DoJan innovative Style Assessments and educational emphasis in helping women and men develop their personal styles will enhance our reputation as a truly unique entity.
We have been aware of the various economic forces that affect apparel retailers. Consumer confidence is the most important; people don't shop when they are not feeling good. Unemployment also has an effect, in that fewer women out in the workforce means less disposable income for high-end quality clothing. Fortunately, the luxury goods market, of which DoJan is a part due to the high-end brands it will carry, will remain recession-proof, as clearly indicated by the successful 2012 testing periods “Fashion is a requirement for those who are high in their success.
The overall brand personality of DoJan aspires to be fashionable, customer-oriented, innovative, refreshing, stylish and educational. DoJan will be a fundamental collection where both women and men can transform themselves with Trendy Handbags and Beautiful clothes and take advantage of the Style Assessment and other services that would help them determine the right clothes for their unique selves.
Innovative | Stylish | Contemporary | Modern | Fresh | Approachable | Elegant
DoJan is currently located at Greenfields Hse no 2567, but we will unveil a permanent secure area accessible to most customers in a few months’ time. This will provide customers access to our services on a daily basis excluding Sundays. We will also introduce and enhance personal shopping appointments.
To our main objectives:
Let's face it most women feel carrying the right handbag is the quickest way one can make a fashion statement. For many women it’s all about who they are... “I have arrived, please take notice"... A great designer bag can, and does scream, "Hey look at me, and who I am carrying on my shoulder"...
What is your signature style? This will determine your preference and in essence help our collection meet our customers’ expectation. Validate where you belong;
- Classic - I like classic styles that will always look the part
- Fashionable - I like modern styles that are up to date with trends
- Evening - I like small, sophisticated bags to use at night
- Practical - I like handbags with enough room to hold and organize my essentials
- Different - I like something different to, or including all of the above
From feedback we will receive from you the consumer; and as such our main focus on leather bags wouldn’t it save you a lot of heartache to at least know how to take care of your trendy handbags?
Here are 5 top tips for keeping your leather bag in best condition...
- Do NOT pull loose threads. This is the worst thing you can do! Simply burn the loose thread instead.
- Keep it away from the rain. We know this can be hard so if it happens, just wipe away excess moisture and leave it to dry naturally. For quick results stuff it with newspaper to help soak up the water!
- Rub candle wax on the zip. This is a great tip if the zip on your bag gets a little stiff, trust us it really works!
- Keep it in a cool dry place away from heat. If you are using your bag on a hot summer's day this can be virtually impossible, however use common sense! Keep it away from any direct sunlight or heat source. Heat can actually cook the hide and cause it to stiffen; the fibres un-mesh and it can crack.
- Do NOT keep it in a plastic bag. This encourages the growth of mildew and can completely ruin your leather bag!
Simple Fashion Tips for Women
There is never a better time than the start of the New Year to create a brand new you. The first important step is to detox your wardrobe, clearing out those outfits which do not make you feel good. The second is to learn what cuts and colors work best for you and the basic style rules of women's fashion. (Gill Hart)
- Forget about the word “fashion” and think “style”.
- Even if you stay at home, make an effort to dress everyday as if you are going out. This changes your whole approach to even the most mundane household chores. You will find you have a more positive attitude and are less inclined to be reduced to a couch potato, in your slovenly sweat pants and baggy T-shirt.
- Clear Your Closet; Get rid of those items which are outdated, do not suit you or simply do not make you feel good. Make room for that new wardrobe of clothes that you are going to build, slowly, piece by piece.
- Take stock of how many classic items you currently have in your closet. Start building new outfits which will prove versatile and timeless – go anywhere and do anything.
- Treat your wardrobe as an investment. "Create a closet that is full of must-have pieces rather than make-do ones.
- Ensure that your wardrobe is built around some style staples which will take you from season to season and can be dressed up or down. A good coat, a little black dress, a wrap dress, well cut denims, a classic pair of black pants, cashmere cardigan and a stylish crisp white shirt. Update these looks every season with some fabulous accessories.
- Get to know your body shape.
- Learn how to play down your flaws and make the most of your assets. Learn how to disguise big hips, stomachs or a larger bust and learn what not to wear if you are short or flat-chested.
- Shop smarter. Ask yourself a few key questions regarding what suits you before you shop and plan what to buy in advance.
Here are Quick Fashion tips that our Women can carve up to our Men (Remember we also need to clinch to men):
- Fit is King – The most dramatic improvement you can make in your style is to make sure everything fits impeccably. Most guys wear clothes that are too large. Make sure everything you wear is almost hugging the shape of your body – without being tight. Ill fitting is an epidemic, cure yourself.
- Keep it simple – You want a wardrobe that looks great on you, but don’t overdo it. Don’t wear more than three pieces of jewelry or more than three colors. Don’t dress like a rock star unless you’re in a band. If you want to be flashy, a simpler but stylish look would be sporting a black striped dress shirt with a white blazer, a dark pair of jeans, a dressy belt, and your sharpest dress shoes. You could also add a flashy watch or a simple accessory like an interesting necklace, but nothing more.
- Change the way you see casual – casual doesn’t have to be boring. Have fun with collared shirts, or take some inspiration from those who approach casual a bit differently.
- Pay attention to your supporting pieces - Some sweaters are lean and others are big and chunky. The first rule of thumb is that your top and bottom halves need to match. If you’re wearing a big, chunky, rugged fisherman knit sweater, your bottom needs to be rugged, too. Don’t wear a fisherman’s sweater with a beautiful silk-and-wool suit pant. Instead, wear it with something as casual as cargos or jeans, or dress it up with a Harris tweed blazer.
- Never go shopping alone – Most of the time, it’s tough to trust the sales people because they usually work for commission. Shop with DoJan Clique Collection.
- Stay a notch above – Don’t overdo it to a fault, but dare to take some risks. It’s always better to be a little bit overdressed than underdressed in any setting. All you have to do is think about where and who you’re going to be with and just step it up one notch. But make sure you’re not better dressed than someone who is more important in a certain setting, like your boss.
- Never underestimate the power of details – The last thing on is usually the first thing noticed. So mind the details instead of throwing together the main parts of your outfit. “Details” can include a scarf, a subtle pocket square, or the way you tie your tie knot.
- Invest in a superb pair of shoes – If it’s one thing that women will notice, it’s your shoes. Especially how clean and sharp they look. It’s easy to wash and press the rest of your clothes to keep them looking new, but most guys disregard their shoes. Show that you’re a man of taste by getting a great pair of shoes and keeping them in pristine condition.
- Fashion Tees with logos – When you’re going around with a big logo on your shirt, you risk looking like a walking billboard. Lose the lame Coca-Cola shirt and go for a classic v-neck tee or something artsy or polo shirts.
- Disregard trends – Beware of buying something just because it’s “in” right now – stick to what you truly like. A lot of people rush to get in on the latest trend and end up with a bunch of clothes they don’t wear. It’s better to learn to build a versatile and timeless wardrobe first – then bring in your own twists with some of the new fashion. This one tip will save you so much money!
- Experiment with style – The only way you’ll really learn, is if you go out there and try new things. I make an effort to try something completely out of my comfort zone whenever I’m at a store – many times you’ll end up loving something you never thought you would. If you make mistakes, life goes on. So many guys are afraid to express themselves through their style, don’t be one of them.
We pride ourselves in making it in a very comprehensive market by making use of resources available and
Offering services at affordable prices to bridge the gap of our competitors. Also, maintain credit worthy customers who pay us per their respective personal budgets. Above all I release this business to the mighty hands of God. Welcome to our exclusive collection and like our page ‘DoJan Clique Collection’ we care for you.